By JESSICA ALMY
My sister-in-law and one of my dearest friends are both expecting. So me being me, I’m planning to give them books and diapers! (What else do you really need for a baby anyways?)
While I’m shopping, I decided to compile a list of my favorite (veg) parenting books.
- Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron: How-tos of preparing homemade, organic baby food with a strong emphasis on plant-based and vegetarian foods.
- Raising Vegetarian Children: A Guide to Good Health and Family Harmony by Joanne Stepaniak and Vesanto Melina: Nutritional and social advice, plus fantastic vegan recipes. We love the muscle muffins!
- New Vegetarian Baby by Sharon K. Yntema and Christine Beard: Age-by-age feeding guidelines and nutritional information.
- Healthy Eating for Life for Children by Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine: Draws on nutritional research, such as the China Study, to make the case that children should be eating exclusively vegan foods. Includes a section on healthy eating during pregnancy.
- Vegan Lunch Box: 130 Amazing, Animal-Free Lunches Kids and Grown-ups Will Love! by Jennifer McCann: From the simple to the fancy, this cookbook provides great menu ideas and recipes that the whole family will enjoy.
- Vegan Family Favorites by Erin Pavlina: Lots of kid-friendly recipes. Our favorite is the lemon-garlic asparagus!
Any other suggestions?
No Comments so far ↓
There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.